Account Director – Retail & FMCG
We believe our clients come first and we know from experience that having a dedicated, passionate and accessible media team to hand is exactly what they need.
We have one go-to person for every client, meaning they have one contact they need to call. We only recruit highly talented, ambitious account people, with solid communications planning experience, who will understand fully the clients business and offer sound business changing media solutions.
Teams such as content, strategy, data, digital and TV will support and work closely with you and the team, to deliver expert and integrated plans for our clients. We have built our account service structure around this, and know how much clients love to work this way. Your role will sit at the top of one of these account verticals and you will be highly influential in the teams development.
the7stars is a hugely dynamic and fast growing agency. You’ll have the opportunity to shape the team and therefore the accounts within. The world really is your oyster here!
The ideal person for this position will fit with the culture of the7stars. They will be positive, participative, self-confident, friendly, self-starting, competitive, inquisitive, imaginative, factual, consistent and self-disciplined.
We are looking for the following qualities in any candidate…
- Creative Thinker: Innovate and create different solutions for clients.
- Communicative: Get excited by briefs and show passion when presenting solutions back to clients. Must be able to explain how our media recommendations can make a real difference to businesses.
- Confident: In presenting, trading and striking deals with media owners.
- Analytical: Of course, a good planner will possess amazing technical, numerical and interpretative skills, and be able to draw conclusions and react to any data results and reports.
- Stickler for detail: Monitor media schedules sent to clients across the team.
- Practical: A ‘doer’, but with an instinct for what can really be achieved when planning and buying plans.
- A minimum of 5 years experience in media planning and buying agencies
- Currently in a role that involves team management and fully integrated comms planning across all channels.
- A minimum of 2 years experience of strategic planning and deeper understanding of solving bigger business challenges.
- A thorough working knowledge of the current media market landscape and be fluent in their ability to communicate this to clients
- A strong understanding of campaign evaluation knowing how to set and measure against both media, brand and business KPIs
- Advanced experience with key planning tools such as Touchpoints, Comscore, Race
- Experience with qualitative and quantitative campaign management tools such as Sysomos, Google Analytics, Ad Dynamix and Brand Index
The role will be focused on running key retail and FMCG accounts which incorporate a few brands within their portfolios. Great organisation, internal and external team coordination, a passion for planning and making the complex simple will be critical for helping drive these brands forward in 2018.
- Be the first point of call for clients, from dealing with day-to-day requests to taking and answering more complex full media briefs
- Deliver best-in-class account coordination across our specialist teams and have proven experience in delighting clients
- Brief and manage internal teams to deliver on client requirements across the whole business
- Immerse yourself within our clients business sector, to identify key opportunities and areas for growth
- Industry knowledge – keeping up-to-date with industry developments across the wider media landscape and identify new and exciting opportunities for your clients
- Manage relationships with senior media owners, making sure all campaigns are delivered to the highest standard and to all audit parameters
- Forever evolve media plans, showcasing intelligent planning in line with new media opportunities
- Uncompromising quality control, internally and externally, at all times not only in your workflow but for your teams too
- Support on new business pitches and source new business potential
- Participate in wider agency business activities to add value across wider business teams
- Develop and manage a team, ensuring their own growth and progression