the7stars was launched in September 2005. Now over 150-strong, we are the largest independent media agency in the UK, recently attracting accolades from Campaign, Media Week and The Drum (including being awarded agency of the year by both Media week and Campaign) that testifies to our alternative ethos and approach.
Our success can be directly attributed to the levels of client service, planning and implementation (buying) value we deliver for clients that is truly unrivalled elsewhere. We have a unique working environment and open structure which encourages personal development through early client contact, team work/training and exposure to all media from day one. In fact, we’ve just been awarded the coveted third place in The Sunday Times 100 Best Small Companies to Work For in the UK list for 2016. This is a huge credit to the hard working and highly talented team of people who work for the agency.
We currently work closely with valued clients across a diverse range of sectors. We can count the likes of Iceland, Suzuki Cars, Discovery Channel, Ministry Of Sound, Gala Coral, and Pizza Express among our long-standing relationships, all of whom contribute to annual billings in excess of £230m.
the7stars has a bespoke and inspiring working culture. We don’t have job titles and operate a flat structure. We encourage an entrepreneurial attitude where you get out what you put in.
We are looking for people who:
- Get excited by the solution, have ideas and are passionate about the ability of communications to make a real difference to businesses
- Believe in their ideas and have the business acumen to stand by them and back them up
- See media as just a part of the overall solution
- Are committed to delivering excellent service to clients
- Are committed to negotiating the very best deals for our clients
- Look forward to growing with an agency and taking on board the responsibility that comes with that growth
- Are entrepreneurial at heart, and are looking to now do the best work of their careers
- Are tired of the cumbersome and rigidly structured nature of the big media agencies
- Feel it’s time for a change.
You will be joining the Entertainment Team, which, like the rest of the7stars, challenge themselves to deliver bespoke strategies for their clients. As a team we are used to a fast paced working style, so you will need to think smart and act fast.
As an agency we trade very differently, having knowledge of the media marketplace and building strong relationships with contractors is imperative.
The role will be across a new and established clients, such as the new London Theatre Company (Bridge Theatre) and Sony Music (e.g. Ministry of Sound). You will be central to making sure the clients love working with us and that we are delivering outstanding work for them.
Planning/Strategy – we would like you to:
- With the aid of various planning tools, client data, and past campaign learnings, generation of media plans and strategy predominantly in digital – but this will also involve the coordination of some plans/strategy across Press, Radio, & Cinema.
- Skilled in media planning tools, eg Sysomos, Comscore, TGI, YouGov, BrandIndex, AdDynamix, Race, Mediatel etc.
- Strong understanding of platforms’ targeting, formats and creative opportunities for online media. Including an understanding og
- Have a good understanding of TV / offline landscape to enable joined up planning for your clients.
- Write / present post campaign analyses / end of campaign reports of media campaigns, including future learnings.
- Present innovative media ideas to our clients; we should always look to challenge them with our thinking.
- Provide insight/plans for pitches when needed (outside of your direct client roster), as we are a growing agency and team.
- To facilitate the sharing of internal learnings across the Ents team and wider agency.
Account Management – we would like you to:
- Ensure that all elements of media campaigns run smoothly and the client is up to date on all activity.
- Obtain media briefs from clients with clearly set objectives.
- Liaise with media teams (i.e. TV, OOH, Insight) at the the7stars to make sure that multi-media briefs are met.
- Facilitate briefing process to media owners in Digital, Press, Radio & Cinema
- Ensure that all campaign deadlines are hit across all media and campaign expectations are met.
- Ensure that client is kept up to date with market activities, including competitor activity.
- Confidently present media plans/strategy to clients.
- Manage and develop an account executive.
- Immerse yourself in your clients’ business, market, products and audiences to be able to add value to strategic conversations with clients and internal teams
Media Buying – we would like you to:
- Buy plans (ex. TV) and ensure that all aspects are delivered as promised (i.e. ad positioning, airtime quality).
- Have experience using or understanding of self-serve (biddable) platforms
- Manage relationships with offline media owners (ex. TV) and broker media deals when necessary.
- Negotiate costs above and beyond the confirmed rate on the offline media plan (ex. TV).
The Ideal Candidate:
- You will live and breathe media and be an innovative forward-facer always looking to discover and test the best new developments that are right for your client.
- You’ll be a ‘practical’ person – a ‘doer’, someone who rolls up their sleeves and gets the job done. Someone who can prioritise work and deliver to a high standard.
- We’re an agency built on culture and collaboration – to build this you will have great interpersonal skills, be confident speaking to teammates, clients, 3rd parties, and media owners – politely & positively.
- You will be a keen problem solver.
- A strong work ethic is important – you will be self-motivated and able to take the initiative as a leader or integral member of your team.