We exist in a technology-driven world where a savvy consumer expects content, entertainment, convenience and engagement on their terms. With this comes a new, more dynamic client demand, which media agencies need to meet head-on with smart tools, talent and processes to continue to deliver outstanding results.
The ability to collect, refine, interrogate, understand, visualise and communicate data has increasingly become the critical element for the effective planning and evaluation of all media activity. Being quick to understand and react to data-driven insight is what will ultimately set the leading agencies apart – mashing the behavioural, transactional, social and attitudinal data surrounding today’s brands to create actionable insight that will ultimately deliver real commercial advantage.
The explosion in both the sheer quantity of data, and the number of data sources available to the contemporary marketer is a well documented and established characteristic of the digital media landscape.
We are looking for a highly talented, ambitious Data Strategist with 8+ years experience, ideally with an understanding of media. The ideal candidate is passionate about data, keen to help clients understand and use their CRM to create better marketing strategies and experiences, whilst delivering insights that are relevant, accessible and actionable.
The role will focus on one of our biggest clients, Iceland. You will be expected to quickly develop a strong working relationship with the clients, and work closely with both the comms and digital planners to develop data roadmaps, identify gaps in their tech stacks, and deliver best in class data solutions to help drive synergy between our clients customers and their marcomms.
This is an excellent opportunity to lead clients, through providing vision and strategy, to ultimately drive digital transformation.
- Work closely with our clients to define a strategic data vision
- Be an expert in data manipulation, an analytical mindset and desire to use data to understand customer behaviour and marketing effectiveness
- Understand and be able to confidently recommend data tracking solutions, or the right tech stack or CRM platform etc…
- Able to plan, lead and deliver large complex projects
- Provide thought leadership and ability to use data creatively to identify trends and develop insights
- Clearly visualise data outputs and translating the data into a story that can be easily interpreted by those without data expertise
- Can confidently discuss alternative strategies (both internally and with clients) for targeting and segmenting customer audiences, which will differ depending on the objectives of each campaign.
- Work closely with the Insight team to help develop bespoke solutions using customer data
- Great at building relationships both internally and externally
- Be passionate about the power of data and doing what’s right for our clients
The person appointed will be part of the digital and data team and chemistry is therefore critical.
The ideal person for this position will fit with the culture of the7stars… they will be positive, participative, self-confident, friendly, self-starting, competitive, inquisitive, imaginative, factual, consistent and self-disciplined. Activity, agility, flexibility, variety and detail are also important aspects within the role.
We are looking for the following qualities in any candidate…
Analytical: Of course, a good data statistician will possess amazing technical, numerical and interpretative skills, and be able to draw conclusions and react to any dataset.
Practical: A ‘doer’, but with an instinct for what can really be achieved when planning, implementing and delivering analytics and insight activity.
Visionary: Someone who can look beyond the obvious models of response and provide a fresh way to interpret data through innovative solutions.
Collaborative: Working with specialist teams and personnel in the agency from Digital, Strategy and Insight will be a key part of the success of the role
Enthusiastic: A champion of demonstrating both internally and externally how data can solve business challenges for clients of the7stars.
By applying for this role, the7stars will hold your personal data for a period of up to 6 months after the role has closed. If you do not agree to this please contact email@example.com and we will delete your data sooner